[PLUG] USB-P1K phone poorly suppoted.

Unknown plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Fri Nov 3 00:20:48 UTC 2006

I bought it off of http://www.von-phone.com/ because it was advertised
as being Linux compatible.  It barely is.  The darn thing requires
Fedora Core 3 and even then you can't use the keypad on it.

$30 is more than a TracFone and a TracFone not only works, it sounds
better than this thing does.

http://www.von-phone.com/support.php links to the support page for this
product.

I give this product a 1/5 rating.  Big tip, it uses the OSS sound
drivers and doesn't work with Alsa.

I am as dissatisfied with this product as I was with the Intel 536EP
chipset modem that I couldn't use the voice features of under Linux.

Why do companies say works with Linux on their web sites but drop that
little note on their product cds?  Worse, why is the support inferior?
This USB device doesn't look that complicated.  Someone else could
probably do it better.

Michael C. Robinson