[PLUG] Edgy Rocks

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Nov 4 20:09:19 UTC 2006

I won't upgrade my Ubuntu Dapper amd-64 to Edgy until after finals, but
I did download and burn the live/install CD. When I booted to it this
morning it found and configured everything, even my Broadcom 4306
wireless. Dapper was supposed to find and configure Broadcom chips
also,  but I found it didn't work and had to go back to ndiswrapper.
Looks like wireless has had further improvements.

I also downloaded 32-bit Edgy and burned three copies to bring
to the Clinic. That should hold us until I can order free official CDs
from Ubuntu (no Edgy available yet).