[PLUG] AMD64, Java, and Flash.

Steve D... blitters at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 03:18:04 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> wrote:

> OK, so I've built this AMD64 system (ended up getting a pretty decent deal
> at Belmont Computers, actually) and I've got two netinst discs in my hand
> and don't know which I should use.
>
> I'm pretty sure that java and flash are strict necessities on this
> machine.  Does that mean that AMD64 should not be my choice?  Is that what
> you yahoos are trying to tell me?

  Not if you want a native AMD64 version of Flash 9 anytime soon...
Here's the story, direct from the developers beak:

What's So Difficult? 64-bit Edition
http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/10/whats_so_difficult_64bit_editi.html

  There are apparently ways to run Flash 9 via compatibility libs, but
you're on your own figuring it out.

Steve D...

--
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake,