[PLUG] USB hard drives and Linux

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Sun Nov 5 04:51:19 UTC 2006

> I want to buy an external USB hard drive to use for quick backups on my Linux
> boxens- are there any Linux gotchas with these? Can I buy one without
> worrying if it's going to work on Linux?

If USB drives worry you, how about a mobile rack?  It's a thing that
fits in a CD bay, and accepts a 3.25" hard drive.  You can even get ones
that take up 3 CD bays and accept 5 hard drives (fitted vertically).
These are super cool.  And mobile racks slide out - hence the "mobile".

Carlos Konstanski