[PLUG] AMD64, Java, and Flash.

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Sun Nov 5 05:24:18 UTC 2006

Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that java and flash are strict necessities on this
> machine.  Does that mean that AMD64 should not be my choice?  Is that
> what you yahoos are trying to tell me?

If you mean Java as an applet running in a browser I can't help you, I
hate them and never (ever) want to see one, YMMV.  I do use the amd64
version of Java on my 64 bit AMD for other things though and it works
dandy.  As I recall wasn't trouble to install and get working at all.  I
do need Flash though and I just run 32 bit versions of Firefox and
Flash.  That was also very easy, google answered all of my questions in
mere seconds.