[PLUG] Edgy Rocks

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sun Nov 5 18:44:59 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 12:09:19PM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I won't upgrade my Ubuntu Dapper amd-64 to Edgy until after finals, but
> I did download and burn the live/install CD. When I booted to it this
> morning it found and configured everything, even my Broadcom 4306
> wireless. Dapper was supposed to find and configure Broadcom chips
> also,  but I found it didn't work and had to go back to ndiswrapper.
> Looks like wireless has had further improvements.

I've been lovin' it with Edgy for the past while.  Now that it's gone
into lockdown, I gotta say it's just about ready for prime-time.
Suspend/resume is a bit hinky on my old Dell, but it's a hard model to
support AFAICT.

> I also downloaded 32-bit Edgy and burned three copies to bring
> to the Clinic. That should hold us until I can order free official CDs
> from Ubuntu (no Edgy available yet).

Cool!  I'm so glad you'll be able to bring those to the next Linux
Clinic, which is TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY, ON NOVEMBER 19

Y'all don't forget to stop by for cookies and coffee,
  Aaron