[PLUG] SQL Syntax

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 5 19:46:24 UTC 2006

I just know there are people here who dream in SQL commands. My
knowledge of SQL is negligible. I need to change an SQL command that
reads a table in an OOo Base file and displays it in a control in a
Writer form document. The current syntax is SELECT DISTINCT "IPA" FROM
"Test_Table". I need it to sort the data based on the field "Number",
which is also in "Test_Table". I tried appending SORT ON "Number" FROM
"Test_Table" but OOo puked it up. I don't have time to take a course on
SQL commands (I actually tried reading a book on it once and found it
hopeless for me). The problem is that I need to deal with SQL commands
only once in a blue moon; not enough to be worth my time to become an
expert. Can someone tell me what is the secret to getting the SELECT
command to sort the data when it displays it in the OOo form control?