[PLUG] Linux distro recommendation as a replacement for SuSE

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 05:02:12 UTC 2006

I echo Rich on Slackware but thats just a guttural response. It boils down
to a couple of things both of which you touched on.

A) Legality - I don't think any of us are lawyers? If you wanted to avoid
the lawsuits and IP issues associated with Linux there is also FreeBSD.

B) What are you going to use it for? From an ease of use standpoint I'd lean
towards Fedora or Ubuntu although I'm not partial to either since as
mentioned above I'm a slackware user :-) Or if you're really into getting
something that *should* be clean and a challenge you could always go linux
from scratch (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/) has been one of the things
I've wanted to get around to doing myself. Think incredibly compact
webserver.

Let us know what you decide!

Drew-