[PLUG] PDF Online from Linux

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Nov 6 05:04:32 UTC 2006

Problem: Can't embed fonts in a form control on OOo Writer document
when exporting from OOo to PDF. I need an alternative PDF creator.
CUPS-PDF is pathetic. I need something really good. I am prepared to
pay. I'd even consider buying Adobe Acrobat, but it won't run under
Linux. Not even Crossover Office can install it. (I need at least
version 7.0.) I haven't tried quemu or vmware or win4lin, but I'd just
as soon not add more stuff on my computer if I can avoid it, plus I
really don't want to install Windows, even in a virtual computer.

I don't need to do this often, so an online facility sounds good to me.
Has anyone ever successfully created a PDF from a Linux computer with
one of the online PDF creation services? Alternative: Does anyone know
how to create a PostScript printer in CUPS that prints to file? I ask
because the Adobe online service can take a .ps print file.