[PLUG] Anyone good with LDAP?

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 05:09:22 UTC 2006

Evening All,
I currently have a box setup using LDAP + NSS for user authentication which
is working like a charm. However I've gotten to the point where I have
enough users who want to change their password (darn users!). I used to use
a web app called LDAP Manager (http://lam.sourceforge.net) but at this point
its getting to be a chore to change user passwords for many reasons
(security being the top issue). I've found many examples on the web of ways
to write a stand-alone app using php/perl or some variant of and have
limited success it getting them to work, rolling my own has not yielded
anything workable at this point either. I've run into a problem essentially
with the application not being able to bind as the user, it can bind _only_
as the manager account. I'm loathe to allow users to change passwords while
being logged in as the manager. My hand LDAP admin book doesn't show any
ACL's which should preclude the user from auth'ing so I have no idea what
gives.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Drew-