[PLUG] KimDaBa help

Denis Heidtmann denish at dslnorthwest.net
Wed Nov 8 03:51:41 UTC 2006

Novice Kubuntu user here. (Is that a redundant statement?)

I have KimDaBa 2.1 installed.  My son sent me a pile of photos together with an
index.kim file. (He runs the same program, on a Debian system.) When I attempt
to import the pictures I get an error message which says "Export file did not
contain a Thumbnails subdirectory, this indicates that the file is broken."  I
have to kill KimDaBa to get rid of this message.

I found one year-old posting of someone getting the same message, but he got no

Anybody have any words of wisdom?

Thanks,
-Denis