[PLUG] KimDaBa help

Denis Heidtmann denish at dslnorthwest.net
Fri Nov 10 01:25:02 UTC 2006

Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> Paul Mullen wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 07:51:41PM -0800, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
>>> Anybody have any words of wisdom?
>>
>> Have your son repeat the export operation? Kimdaba offers a few
>> different options on how to handle images during export (e.g., include
>> them in the .kim file, create a directory structure that sits
>> alongside the .kim file, etc.).
>>
>> What version of Kimdaba is he using? It's possible there's some
>> incompatibility if it's an older version. Note that Kimdaba changed
>> its name to KPhotoAlbum as of v2.2.
>>
> We are both using 2.1.  We can try again, but transferring the files
> takes a very long time.  We can do some tests, short of sending the
> entire collection. Good idea.
>
> I have no way of knowing if 2.2 would help, and I cannot find a packaged
> kPhotoAlbum.
>
> -Denis

Well, I found out a few things, and in the process solved the problem.  Export
without marking the check-box to include thumbnails produces, during import, an
error window for every picture in the collection.  So after 926 "OK" clicks, the
import proceeded.  Checking "include thumbnails" during export avoids this problem.

-Denis