[PLUG] Making 'view as list' the default

Jack Hoke jwhoke at bctonline.com
Tue Nov 14 03:01:02 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:03:47 -0800
> Jack Hoke <jwhoke at bctonline.com> dijo:

OK, after reading your response and that of Rich S. , I can see that I
did a piss-poor job of explaining what I was looking for. I think the
path started in the Mozilla browser something like System > windows >
preferences although that is obviously not the case now. The final menu
had a *checkbox* labeled something like 'make list view the default for
all files ' . Checking this made *all* menus in the file system default
to list view. No more changing the view in each menu as I worked through
them.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I found this feature referred to in
someone's column or blog on the net, not in any of the Ubuntu help
stuff. I've lost the reference and after going the System > Preferences
and System > Admin menus numerous times I'm beginning to doubt if this
feature exists anymore. Maybe dropped after 5.10.

If anyone has a clue about this I'd appreciate a response. Sorry for the
confusion.