[PLUG] getting quality photo scans

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Nov 16 17:48:35 UTC 2006

I have a big batch of photographs I want to scan, and I'm having problems
getting good scans. They lose a bit of sharpness sharpness and the colors are
off a little bit, even at the maximum resolution.  I'm using an Epson CX
4800- of course the ink cartridges clogged themselves to death ages ago, as
is the habit of Epson printers, so I only use the scanner. I use both Kooka
and the Gimp to run the scans.

Should I be looking at getting a different scanner, or different software? Or
is it not realistic to expect perfect copies of photos from scans?

--
Carla Schroder