[PLUG] getting quality photo scans

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Fri Nov 17 19:32:18 UTC 2006

Carla Schroder wrote:
> I have a big batch of photographs I want to scan, and I'm having problems
> getting good scans. They lose a bit of sharpness sharpness and the colors are
> off a little bit, even at the maximum resolution.

Loosing a bit of sharpness is the nature of the beast.

Resolution != Color Balance, what kind of calibration have you done on the end to
end chain?  How are you judging color balance?

> Should I be looking at getting a different scanner, or different software? Or
> is it not realistic to expect perfect copies of photos from scans?

You should be able to get proper color balance.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity