[PLUG] getting quality photo scans

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 17 19:46:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> You should be able to get proper color balance.

   I've had satisfactory results with my HP ScanJet 5200C and Xsane. I also
use the GIMP to tune the resulting colors. When I scan at a sufficiently
high resolution, they look good to me on the monitor.

   There is a tool called something like LCM (for Little Color Maker?) that
allows you to calibrate monitors to printers. I've not fuzted with it.