[PLUG] Help|Contents

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Nov 21 00:41:49 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 13:09, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> Carla Schroder wrote:
> > On Monday 20 November 2006 12:00, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> >> I'm running Fedora Core 5 with Gnome. When I click on
> >> Help|Contents for any graphical application, nothing
> >> appears. I'm on a deadline so I don't have the time now
> >> to search for answers. I'm hoping someone here can give
> >> me a quick answer.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Ed
> >
> > My guess is the help docs didn't get installed. Usually they're separate
> > packages, so yum search [packagename] ought to find them.
>
> This resulted in:

> Setting up repositories
> core
> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo:core
>

> Now the Gnome Applications | Add/Remove Software
> is also broken.

Most likely this means the servers in your /etc/yum.repos.d/ are down, or your
config files are goobered. You should have a fedora.repo file that looks
something like this:

[base-i386]
name=base-i386
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

Every repository needs a separate configuration file.

This is a good page on configuring Yum repositories:
http://www.physics.wustl.edu/~alford/linux/yum_summary.html

--
Carla Schroder