[PLUG] Emacs Outline Mode for Program Code?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 21 19:22:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> Rich, have I got an editor for you!! It's called Leo (Literate Editor for
> Outlines). It's written in Python and does exactly that sort of thing. If
> you're spoiled by vim or emacs, it will connect to both of them. Check it
> out at
> http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html

Ed,

   I've discovered two wonderfully useful things this morning: 1) speedbars
is installed in my emacs ('m-x speedbars' brings it right up), and B)
clicking with both buttons on a .py file name icon displays the included
classes while a double click on the class name icon displays the included
methods. This is exactly the functionality I sought (thank you again, Ali!)
and even better than Multi-Edits approach because it's in a separate window
and lets me work in the main display while it's open.