[PLUG] Web site programming

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 22:32:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:10:36 -0800
Colin Kuskie <ckuskie at dalsemi.com> dijo:

> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 10:53:16AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
> > I'm assuming that I have a long learning curve ahead of me to figure
> > out how to do all of this. But before I decide to spend winter break
> > learning website creation with databases, is the above possible? And
> > does anyone have hints for how to get browsers to display the
> > characters correctly?
>
> Use WebGUI http://www.plainblack.com/support
>
> It has a built-in Survey module that will do almost everything that you
> want.  It shouldn't be too hard to alter to do the subset of questions
> from the total set.

I tried out the demo, but it wouldn't run on Firefox. Undaunted, I
tried Opera, and discovered that it wouldn't run on Opera either. But
at least Opera told me why -- it needs the latest Flash plugin. Most
Linux boxes I know of do not have the latest Flash plugin and some
people disable it completely. Not very reassuring.