[PLUG] Web site programming

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Wed Nov 22 22:37:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 02:32:36PM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I tried out the demo, but it wouldn't run on Firefox. Undaunted, I
> tried Opera, and discovered that it wouldn't run on Opera either. But
> at least Opera told me why -- it needs the latest Flash plugin. Most
> Linux boxes I know of do not have the latest Flash plugin and some
> people disable it completely. Not very reassuring.

The flash demo is just eye candy.  It doesn't do anything useful
except show pieces of WebGUI with their icons.

Just log in as Admin, delete the flash demo, and add a Survey.  Then
tinker with it.

Oh, with respect to your other post, to extend the Survey module
you will have to know perl.  But it would be easier to find someone
to tweak an existing piece of software than to write one from the
ground up.

Colin