[PLUG] Remove Totem Mozilla Firefox Plug in Suport from Ubuntu

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 25 14:56:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Keith wrote:

> I need to remove or stop totem plugins from working in the Firefox
> browser. Is there a file that I can modify so only the mplayer plugin is
> used?

   Ya' gotta' watch them garden gnomes, Keith.

   In my copy of Firefox-1.5.0.7, Edit->Preferences->Download invokes a
dialog box. The bottom section has a button labeled, "View and Edit
Actions." In the list window that displays, you can edit the application
used to display, play, or whatever with data files of different extensions.

   I'd replace references to 'totem' with that of 'mplayer' and give it a
test drive.