[PLUG] Iomega PC90 Linux

someone plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Thu Nov 23 21:06:57 UTC 2006

It's an ISA memory mapped scsi card that Iomega bundled with the
Bernoulli MultiDisk 150 drive.  I've been trying to modprobe
g_NCR5380 ncr_irq=255 ncr_addr=D000 ncr_53c400=1
to get it running.

This looks my Redhat 6.2 system up hard, but I do see a message
that there is 1 detected scsi host.

I get this error about a connected devices command not existing.
I saw a chip on the card that looks like it says NCR 53c400.  I'm
starting to wonder if Iomega did something strange.
I'm also wondering if I can plug this Bernoulli drive,
via adapter, into another scsi card?  I suppose the next thing to
try is unplugging the Bernoulli drive and seeing if the scsi card
driver will fire up without it.  What is it with kernel modules
taking the whole system down if they are not happy on load?

Michael C. Robinson