[PLUG] Remove Totem Mozilla Firefox Plug in Suport from Ubuntu

Alan Olsen alan.olsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:19:01 UTC 2006

On 11/27/06, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:16:19 -0800
> "Alan Olsen" <alan.olsen at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> > I have not had any problems with cups.
>
> CUPS would be great if everything worked. And even greater if all
> applications were aware of it.

There are lpd to cups support libraries that handle the old stuff.  It has
worked fine for me.

> > Totem, on the other hand, is an abomination.
>
> I hear this all the time. Why? It's the only player that reliably plays
> videos for me. And I can't think of any feature that I wish it had. Oh
> well. De gustibus non disputandum est.

I wonder what you play?  mplayer is one of the few that does almost
everything for me.  The reason I removed the totem plug in is that it
interfears with the realaudio plugin.  (Which I need to listen to BBC
6music.)

Xine also works well for me.  (Especially for DVDs.)  I have yet to get
Totem to play anything correctly that is not a patent free codec.