[PLUG] Low Power DVI video cards?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Nov 29 22:28:04 UTC 2006

I've got a new LCD monitor.  It looks OK with VGA 15 pin, but it
would look better with DVI .  Sadly, the video cards in the stores
are mostly fast-rendering game engines, which burn lots of electrical
power.  The few low-cost low-power cards I've seen are VGA only.

Any suggestions for low power DVI video cards (with Linux drivers,
of course)?  The fastest thing the card is going to show is fast
scrolling xterms.  I see no reason to waste power and money on
graphics capabilities I don't need.

Keith