[PLUG] Ext2/3 support for MS-Windows

someone plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Thu Nov 30 20:50:22 UTC 2006

http://www.fs-driver.org/

If this driver is stable, great.  It should support file
permissions.  If XP wouldn't hardware fingerprint, I'd
say run XP under vmware and skip this.  Well, except for
the fact that you need a license after 30 days.  If most
Linux distributions could run Windows in a virtual
environment free of charge indefinitely, Linux would become
significantly more popular.  Are Bochs and Qemu up to the
task?

Out of curiosity, why do 8.3 dos format files pose a problem
for an ext2/3 filesystem?  I didn't quite follow the linked
site on what the problem is.  Something about how files are
stored.

     --  Michael C. Robinson