[PLUG] Suse 10.1

Bruce Kilpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Wed Oct 4 04:50:25 UTC 2006

The fact that a suse box can be updated from a publically-accessible
repository warms my heart to it considerably.  If this is true, perhaps
I was hasty in implying that suse is heinous in a corporate way.  My
fruitless search for a mirror that yast will accept has led me to
believe that suse's packages are as guarded as redhat's.  My apologies
for being too quick to judge.

Carlos Konstanski

http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Download.png

Here is an exerpt from this web page...

BEFORE YOU INSTALL READ THIS:

The package manager in SUSE 10.1 is regrettably broken on most systems.
To correct this you should do the following after you have installed SUSE:

     * Open Yast chose "online update configuration" , click next and
wait until finished.
     * Press the updater icon on you taskbar/panel
     * If it updates, congratulations, all is well.
     * If it throws up an error. Close it.
     * Follow the instructions in this SDB article or this mail.

You probably also want to read about Using 10.1 and the Most Annoying Bugs.

Could be the reason Yast isn't playing nice.

Bruce