[PLUG] Invisibility is not a Good Thing

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 05:17:24 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> OK, if you want to perform skullduggery on others, being invisible has
> its points. But when it comes to files in a file browser, it is
> definitely uncool.
<...>
> What do I have to do to get to the "missing" files?

Are these "hidden" files, ones that begin with a "."? I don't recall if
you're using KDE, GNOME, or another tool, but with the KDE file browser,
Konqueror, click on the "View" menu and then on "Show Hidden Files".
Most of the time, all those "." files are an annoying thing to look at,
but once in awhile it helps.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens