[PLUG] VMware Management Interface 1st user

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Fri Oct 6 20:00:05 UTC 2006

Also, there may be a need to add all vmware users to a "vmware" group,
depending on your vmware installation.  On gentoo, for instance, I need
to add myself to the vmware group, else I cannot even run the vmware
executable.  I confess I have never installed the product from a VMWare
CD or tarball downloaded from their site.  I always use the portage
packages.  Perhaps this group constraint is applied by the ebuild.

Carlos Konstanski