Resolved: [PLUG] K3B vs Command Line vs Anything Else

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Oct 12 04:29:06 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I'm sure X-CD-Roast is a wonderful program. Considering the strong
> recommendation above, I installed it. Fifteen minutes later I
> uninstalled it.
>
> Why? Well, for starters, it insisted that I launch it first as root to
> configure it. I did so, and there was a button to start it so that any
> user could launch it.

Interesting. I saw the warning about having to do that, but ignored it
and it worked fine. I installed it using YaST, so someone may have done
the adjustments ahead of time.

> So, back to K3b and Gnomebaker. They read/write to the drive just fine.
> Time to leave well enough alone. :)

To each whatever works.

This is an example of how parts of the GNU/Linux experience are not
quite ready for the unwashed masses (not that I'm much more than wet
behind the ears), but also how the community provides multiple ways to
solve the same problems.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens