[PLUG] PLUG Knoppix Problem with NTFS

Pomeroy Lab admin at mindblowingidea.com
Thu Oct 12 19:38:00 UTC 2006

Hey I got a problem recognizing NTFS with Knoppix or any other Linux distro for that matter. It sees the drive but does not allow me to make changes, overwrite, or paste to the drive. I can copy from it.

2 reasons I need to use NTFS.

1. I want to work on XP computers from Live CDs.
2. I want to build a Linux Distro that can import or access existing files from Windows to share them (of course it would be nice if Windows could recognise Linux partitions too but lets stop dreaming).

If anyone has any advice on how to do this I would appreciate it.