[PLUG] Del PERC5si SATA/SAS driver

Joe Williams jwilliams at pacific-crest.com
Fri Oct 13 16:44:00 UTC 2006

I'm doing some tech support for a mostly Linux shop on the production
side and windows on the operations side (I'm operations).  Looking at
getting a Dell PowerEdge 840  with a PERC 5i HW RAID card and am
thinking Ubuntu or Redhat.  I have some Linux experts I can lean on if
things get ugly - I'm a recovering windows guy. . ..

No, I haven't done a Google on it but will.  I'm just looking for some
input from anyone who's been-there done-that with Linux and the Dell
PERC 5i cards and SATA drives.

Thanks,

Jw

Joe Williams