[PLUG] Postfix & Comcast

Jack Morgan jack at bonyari.com
Sun Oct 15 18:18:41 UTC 2006

I've got pretty aggressive spam fighting measures in Postfix (See main.cf
below).  The problem I'm having is I'm not able to get *any* email from
comcast.net.

Even when I set debug_peer_list to get verbose logging, I'm not able to see
anything in the logs that would indicate that Postfix is rejecting comcast
email. Has anyone seen this before?

My main.cf file:

mydomain = aspectas.net
myorigin = $mydomain
myhostname = smtp.aspectas.net
smtpd_banner = $myhostname NO UCE ESMTP
relayhost =
inet_interfaces = all
mynetworks_style = host
local_recipients_maps =
mydestination =

mailbox_size_limit = 0
recipient_delimiter = +
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 198.145.243.96/28, 192.168.11.0/28

delay_warning_time = 4h
maximal_queue_lifetime = 3d
minimal_backoff_time = 1000s
maximal_backoff_time = 8000s
bounce_queue_lifetime = 3d
smtp_helo_timeout = 60s
smtpd_recipient_limit = 16
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 3
smtpd_had_error_limit = 12
                permit_sasl_authenticated,
                check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access,
                reject_unauth_destination,
                reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
                reject_unauth_pipelining,
                reject_non_fqdn_sender,
                reject_unknown_sender_domain,
                reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
                reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
                reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
                reject_invalid_hostname,
                reject_unknown_address,
                reject_rhsbl_client blackhole.securitysage.com,
                reject_rhsbl_sender blackhole.securitysage.com,
                reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
                reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
                reject_rbl_client blackholes.easynet.nl,
                reject_rbl_client dnsbl.njabl.org
                reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
                reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
                reject_rbl_client proxies.blackholes.wirehub.net,
                reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
                reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
                reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
                reject_rbl_client multihop.dsbl.org,
                check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000,
                permit

#alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
#alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/
alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_alias.cf
virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_alias.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_domains.cf
#virtual_alias_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_domains.cf
# transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_transport.cf
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail/virtual
virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
virtual_gid_maps = static:5000

# SASL parameters
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =

# TLS parameters
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_starttls_timeout = 300s
smtpd_tls_cert_file= /etc/postfix/postfix.cert
smtpd_tls_key_file= /etc/postfix/postfix.key
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtpd_scache
smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtp_scache

Thanks,
Jack Morgan