[PLUG] No response from a web site

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Oct 15 21:28:30 UTC 2006

Mel Andres wrote:
> Richard C. Steffens wrote:
>> What does it mean when there's no response from a web site, and the
>> attempt to connect to it doesn't time out? Firefox just says,
>> "Connecting to www.ccel.org" and never changes.

> Just tried it myself, connected to "Christian Classics Ethereal Library"
> website. Took less than a minute.
>
> Anything in dmesg, or other log files?

Nothing in dmesg related to Firefox. The last thing has to do with the
last time I shut down VMware.

What other log files should I check?

I still get no response from Firefox on this machine. I now get a time
out alert from Firefox on my Win98 machine, and I get this message from
Konqueror on this machine:

An error occurred while loading http://www.ccel.org/:
Timeout on server
  Connection was to www.ccel.org at port 80

It took less than a minute to get those messages.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens