[PLUG] giftopnm et al

tkubaska at charter.net tkubaska at charter.net
Mon Oct 16 06:20:11 UTC 2006

Thanks Carla. I didn't have an apt-file (?), but I had apt-cache that Aaron at the clinic suggested I use. I searched for netpbm on the Synaptic Package Manager, downloaded what it found and now I have the utilities I wanted. Along with manpages!
 -Ted

On Sunday 15 October 2006 13:01, tkubaska at charter.net wrote:
> How do I get the giftopnm, pnmscale and ppmtogif utilities.? They didn't
come with my Ubuntu Dapper and it's not clear to me what I should download
from the Synaptic Package Manager. Thanks.
>  -Ted

apt-file finds out what files belong to what package:

$ apt-file search giftopnm
netpbm: usr/bin/giftopnm
netpbm: usr/share/man/man1/giftopnm.1.gz

Before you run apt-file for the first time, set it up with this command:

$ apt-file update

Re-run this every so often to keep it up to date.

Carla