[PLUG] cups silliness

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Oct 21 04:32:35 UTC 2006

I am a cups newbie, so naturally it doesn't take much to make me
confused.  I have cups running on the various hosts on my network, I
can print local (to the printer).  I can also submit print jobs from
the clients, but for some reason the remotely-submitted jobs just sit
in the printer-local host's queue.  Any hints on how to debug this?

  $ lpq -P dj
  dj is ready and printing
  Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
  active  russell 235     test.ps                         687104 bytes
  1st     russell 236     test.ps                         687104 bytes
  2nd     russell 237     test.ps                         687104 bytes
  3rd     russell 238     test.ps                         687104 bytes
  4th     russell 239     test.ps                         687104 bytes

seniorr at aracnet.com