[PLUG] Python Tutoring

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 21 15:12:45 UTC 2006

   I sent this yesterday to plug-devel but it never showed up. So, I'll put
it here.

   Anyone here conversant in python and willing to work an hour or two with
me over coffee on some coding issues?

   I've read several books and think that I understand both the OO concepts
and how python implements them, but I keep getting stuck on syntactical
issues. My experience in self-taught programming languages (Fortran and C)
has benefitted from having someone much more expert than I point out the
specific errors in my code and explaining how to do it correctly. I learn
much more quickly that way and can be productive instead of hunting down
errors when I'm not sure just why they're errors.

   Urban Grind on NE Couch would be a central location, and I'll have the
code on my notebook.