[PLUG] tutoring rates?

tonyr tonyr at hevanet.com
Mon Oct 23 18:23:11 UTC 2006

I've renewed my subscription here after a long absence.

A friend of a friend wants to get up to speed on Linux relatively
quickly and asked me to tutor him.  I've used Linux for
several years (Red Hat, Mandrake/Mandriva, now (K)ubuntu) and can
do what he is asking.  I'm not sure what rate to charge, if any.  I've
tutored before in the public schools on a volunteer basis, but never
Linux, except on an informal basis.  The only references I have found
on the net with rates (one in Canada, one in NC) quote $15/hr as a
minimum.  Is that good? Bad? Indifferent?  Anybody doing anything
like this now?

- tony