[PLUG] PC Purchase

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:16:38 UTC 2006

# from Jeme A Brelin
# on Tuesday 24 October 2006 09:56 am:

>So, if I were to buy a new PC to put in someone else's house and want
> to find that nice fast/stable/cheap saddle point, what would I be
> buying these days?

I ran across this yesterday.  Seems like it would be pretty nice if they
double the ram and HD, but then it might break $200.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1447097&CatId=1920

Not an endorsement by any means.  I've never dealt with tiger before.

As for IBM, I have a PI 133 that's been happily humming along for about
364 days now doing DNS and failover apache.  I guess their hardware is
less flaky than typical desktops.

--Eric
--
software:  a hypothetical exercise which happens to compile.