[PLUG] GPL and Nukes

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Oct 26 07:49:45 UTC 2006

I was out at a lunch lecture at OTBC;  the subject was allegedly
"Making Money on Open Source".  The lawyer speaking actually spent
most of his time talking about how bad the GPL was.  One of his
points was that although the FSF makes about 30 out-of-court
settlements a year, the GPL has only been tested once in court (it
won).  He thought that was insufficient testing.

I was pretty riled by this guy, so I spoke up with "Well, nuclear
weapons have only been tested on cities twice, but I wouldn't want
to be in the next city one goes off over!"

That brought down the house.  Feel free to use it elsewhere.

Keith