[PLUG] Free Fujitsu old-school tablets, Saturday 28 Oct downtown

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.com
Fri Oct 27 02:44:59 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

What: ~ 10 Fujitsu tablet PCs in various states of repair.
    Proc: 486, I think.
    HDD: None, but accesses a PCMCIA HDD or flash card reader
    Batteries: Dead, but runs on 12 VDC (a few hacked adapters
    available)
When: Saturday, noon-3 PM or so
Where: Downtown (SW), near 12th and Morrison
Who: Randall, 617-905-7467 (cell)

A year or two ago, I picked up on a posting on PLUG about Free Geek
giving away some Fujitsu tablet computers.  I got a bunch with the
thinking that I might write some software for them (low-power routers,
survey tablets, email / VT100 screens for around the house, etc.).

Well, I never wrote the software and I'm too busy.  So, I'm giving them
back to the community.  Plus, I'll throw in a few 12 VDC transformers
from the el cheapo bin at the thriftshop, in case you don't have 12 VDC
at home, so you can power 'em up.

These boxes have something of a following on the net -- googling around
should yield some hobbyist / hacker pages.

If you want 'em, just give me a ring and I'll arrange to meet you
downtown by 12th and Morrison to give you the pick of the litter.
First come, first serve.

Randall Lucas       Tercent, Inc.       DF93EAD1