[PLUG] /bin/loadkeys Runs Only As Root

tonyr tonyr at hevanet.com
Tue Oct 31 19:25:50 UTC 2006

Rich,

I don't know whether or not this helps. I'm running Mandriva 2006 at the
moment
(haven't looked on my Ubuntu laptop yet). The* loadkeys* man page here says
anyone having access to /dev/console can load keymaps. On this system,
/dev/console shows
*crw------- 1 tonyr root 5, 1 Oct 31 08:08 /dev/console
*(owned by me). It's something to look at.

- tony