[PLUG] /bin/loadkeys Runs Only As Root

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 22:06:28 UTC 2006

Ah ok gotcha .. yea thats pretty funky then. Did you  drop down to single
user to do the upgrade? I read in the readme/ugprade.txt for the first time
that you _had_ to be in single user to do the package upgrades, something to
do with glibc, and I bet that could be causing part of your problem. As far
as the modules go, you should be able to install the default 2.4.x module
package along with the other 3 kernel packages (kernel-ide, source and I
can't recall the other off the top of my  head).

Complete shot in the dark but maybe its udev related? You're booting
2.6.xif I read your response right, try doing the module install,
updating lilo
with the 2.4 image as default and booting into that and see if the
permission issue happens again.

I'm not entirely sure that Pat will help you un-fsck the situation but its
worth a shot or you might try alt.os.linux.slackware as a last resort ..
prepare your flame retarded suit though :-p

Drew-