[PLUG] PC Purchase

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Mon Oct 30 07:30:48 UTC 2006

> Only problem is the peltier devices use a *lot* more power than a fan.
> All of the current generation of processors have a shutdown on overheat,
> so that isn't too big a deal (well, they shutdown, but they don't fry).

Based on what?  Isn't the space shuttle covered on the bottom with pelsiar
devices so that it can generate electricity when it's turned toward the sun
off of the temperature gradient?  There's zero applied power, so I don't know
what it is your talking about.

Having your processor not shut down is no big deal unless it isn't overheating.

   --  Michael Robinson