[PLUG] Need source on cheap UPS solutions

Alan Olsen alan.olsen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:29:30 UTC 2006

I need to obtain a small cheap UPS that will handle a couple of small
routers for a couple of minutes at a time.

My new house is nice, but the power glitches are starting to get to me.
Every time they hit, I have to deal with manually restarting servers and
routers.  (Which is a pain when I am at work...)

I am looking for something reliable.  My last UPS lated about a year and a
half and then just refused to hold a charge.  (And the batteries cost about
as much as the unit.)

Ideas?