[PLUG] Library Extension, '.lai'

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Tue Sep 5 00:12:36 UTC 2006

Looks like you're in the same sorry boat as all those other people who
lament similarly in their forum posts.  One time, on my gentoo box, I
had to re-emerge libtool for some reason that I have since forgotten (I
don't think it had anything to do with .lai files).  Maybe you might
give this a shot?  libtool is an abstraction layer for hiding the
grotesqueries of a system's linking implementation behind a common API.
Perhaps the implementation has changed on your debian box since the last
libtool upgrade.  You'd think they would have updated libtool if this
were the case, but there are humans in charge of these things.  Perhaps
the testing version of libtool?

Carlos Konstanski