[PLUG] Library Extension, '.lai'

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 5 01:04:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Carlos Konstanski wrote:

> Perhaps the implementation has changed on your debian box since the last
> libtool upgrade.

   While it's considered heretical on this mail list to publicly admit to not
running a subspecies of either Debian or Red Hat, that's me. Regardless,
libtool-1.5.20 is installed here.

   Actually, I was trying to save space on the ol' ThinkPad 600E by
installing AbiWord rather than OO.o for my finacee. She needs to process
only words, does not need to read or write .doc files, and so a slimmer,
more focused tool seemed to be the way to go. Alas, AbiWord wants some Gnome
libraries (libgnomeprintui among them) and FreeRock Gnome doesn't happen to
include that particular library. I guess that's the problem with garden
gnomes.

   Well, it was a nice thought, but I just upgraded OO.o to -2.0.3 and let it
go at that.

Thanks,