[PLUG] Local Web Hosting

Dave Houston dave.houston at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 02:52:11 UTC 2006

The $job has asked I find a local web host (local is very important)
that is both "good" and will have "good customer service".

What's needed:
- Web hosting, with FrontPage extensions, FTP, and shell (SSH/Telnet)
access.  The big-three (Perl, PHP, and SSI) are implied requirements.
- Email hosting, accessible either by POP3 or IMAP (preferred), or both.

It's important that the host have a pretty dang good uptime (ie, not
taken down every weekend for "maintenance" or some such) and be
reasonably priced.  Ideally, they'd have a fairly patient technical
support staff as well -- I may not always be around.

Suggestions?

A quick google found only a couple, Aracnet(SpiritOne) and Canvass
Dreams.
--
Dave Houston <dave.houston at gmail.com>