[PLUG] Wireless Networking

randy.rowlette at gmail.com randy.rowlette at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 04:33:48 UTC 2006

 I am trying to find a driver for the wireless card in my laptop. It is a
Gateway laptop and I have come up with the following information regarding
the card: Gemtek 802.11g (wmib-158G) wireless card. I have not been able to
find drivers for this that support Linux. I currently run Fedora Core 5 an
am looking for some ideas. I have contacted both Broadcom ( the maker of the
card according to Gateway support) and Gateway support who laughed when I
told them I was looking for a Linux driver for this card.

Randy