[PLUG] emule site problems...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sun Sep 17 20:13:57 UTC 2006

Quoting Rogan Creswick <creswick at gmail.com>:

> On 9/17/06, plug_0 at robinson-west.com <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> > http://content.emule-project.net/view.php?pid=1519
> >
> > I can't figure out how to get Freedos 1.0 under Fedora Core 5 using this
> site.
> > It requires a special downloader.
>
> Yeah.. it requires an eDonkey client (hence the ed2k:// uri..), of
> which eMule is one of many, and it appears that eMule is windows-only.

Well, one of the major points of using Freedos, it's not like I don't have
a copy of MS-DOS around, is to be in a safer licensing situation.  It only
seems logical for a Freedos download site to focus on supporting people who
want to access it from a similarly open source platform.  I've enjoyed the
pre 1.0 release, one of my interests has been getting the source code and
studying it.  I'd like to help the Freedos people continue development
if possible.

I have a hunch that ibiblio isn't working because of a port 113 issue,
but that is just a hunch.  I really don't get how the whole port 113
mess got started and why it is still a problem today.

Thanks for the answer Rogan.