[PLUG] User Unable to Execute Commands

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Mon Sep 25 00:21:11 UTC 2006

root's $PATH is different from that of a normal user.  Don't know which
distro you are using, or I would be able to tell you where each $PATH is
defined.

Does the full path, /usr/bin/rm, work for a normal user?  If so, then
the $PATH is broken.  echo $PATH to check it.  If it looks right, that's
when things get weird.

Check aliases to make sure an rm-overriding alias didn't get created.

Carlos Konstanski